We took Employee Learning Week to heart last year and had several creative, fun, engaging, things for our employees to participate in. These were not required. We did offer small prizes for participating.
- Kick off email from CEO announcing the celebration
- Request for inspirational quotes about learning that we could post throughout the year on the Learning Center page on our intranet
- Promoted tracking process we use to capture employee learning outside of our doors (workshops, conferences, study groups, etc)
- Invitation to use one of our resources and provide a review of the experience in a discussion board (library books, learning style evaluations, online demos for products, system tutorials from our vendors, etc)
- Release and promotion of a simple career planning tool to spark a conversation between managers and staff
- Custom quiz in our online learning site that covered the various ways people can learn at our company
Tell us what you've done or plan to do so we can try to improve our week.