Past Participants' Shared:
- "[I liked] the learning environment. You practice what you preach! It was so interactive and creative, and done in a way that volunteering your opinions felt safe. So enjoyable."
- "[I liked] that it was a great example of what I was being taught."
- "[I liked] the amount of time we had to absorb and discuss the info."
- "I loved this! Definiely offer it again!"
For some of us, being asked to design and deliver training creates a rush of excitement, while for others it is a "slide down the rabbit hole." Decrease your apprehension and increase your confidence when you can design and deliver a more effective learning experience for your participants, which leads to improved performance and a positive impact on business results.
This Train-the-Trainer professional development experience includes TWO days of value-packed interactive training design and delivery strategies and solutions!
Day One: Instructional Design with Marcie Van Note, MBA Director, Mt. Mercy University, and ATD Hawkeye Past President.
Day Two: Brain-Friendly Training Delivery with Melanie Hoffner, Founder and Chief People Development Specialist, Brain Bonanza LLC, and ATD Hawkeye President.
- Discuss the phases of a training cycle.
- Write effective learning objectives.
- Explain what is meant by adult learning theory.
- Design a participant-centered training experience.
- Discover six brain-based principles, and related delivery strategies, that create “sticky learning.”
- Create a positive, active learning environment.
- Structure training delivery to optimize the participants’ learning experience, including their attention, comprehension and retention.
- Identify at least three actions you can take to increase the likelihood that participants will apply their learning AFTER training.
- Develop an Action and Implementation Plan to integrate your learning from Train the Trainer.
NOTE: This session is designed for the new trainer, a subject matter expert who is tasked with training, or as a refresher for experienced trainers.
Facilitators: Marcie Van Note, MBA Director at Mt. Mercy University, and ATD Hawkeye Past President; and Melanie Hoffner, Founder and Chief People Development Specialist at Brain Bonanza LLC, and ATD Hawkeye President.
Recertification Credits: This workshop is approved for 14 PDC's for SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This workshop is approved for 7 HRCI credits.
- Members - $149
- Non-members - $199
- Students - $99 (will require current schedule)
- Group Rate - An organization purchasing two seats will get a third seat free! Email email@example.com for special Group Rate invoicing.