For some of us, being asked to design and deliver training creates a rush of excitement, while for others it is a "slide down the rabbit hole." Decrease your apprehension and increase your confidence when you can design and deliver a more effective learning experience for your participants, which leads to improved performance.
Based on feedback from last year's participants, we are expanding this year's Train-the-Trainer professional development experience to TWO days of value-packed interactive training solutions!
Day One: Instructional Design with Marcie Van Note
Day Two: Brain-Friendly Training Delivery with Melanie Hoffner
- Discuss the phases of a training cycle.
- Write effective learning objectives.
- Explain what is meant by adult learning theory.
- Design a participant-centered training experience.
- Discover six brain-based principles, and related delivery strategies, that create “sticky learning.”
- Create a positive, active learning environment.
- Structure training delivery to optimize the participants’ learning experience, including their attention, comprehension and retention.
- Identify at least three actions you can take to increase the likelihood that participants will apply their learning.
- Develop an Action and Implementation Plan to integrate your learning from Train the Trainer.
NOTE: This session is designed for the new trainer, a subject matter expert who is tasked with training, or as a refresher for those that want it.
(includes continental breakfasts, lunches, afternoon snacks, and materials)
- 149.99 for Members
- 199.99 for Non-members
Check-in from 7:30-8:00, Workshop from 8:00-4:30 (with breaks)
Location: Mt Mercy University Graduate Center
1599 Wenig Road, Cedar Rapids, IA
Facilitators: Marcie Van Note, MBA Coordinator at Mt. Mercy University, and Melanie Hoffner, People Development Specialist at Brain Bonanza, LLC.